HOWDY!

Howdy Everyone! This blog is going to be a forum for my favorites. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

August

Howdy

How is everyone? Well, on this last day of August I feel it is necessary for me to recap what has happened in this most unusually busy month. We moved Dana up to Fayetteville. We celebrated my 23rd birthday. We celebrated my mothers birthday/anniversary. And finally we moved into a new house. Dana's move in day was a carefully orchestrated symphony of SUV's. The housing people have you pull into these zones, they swarm your vehicle to help unload EVERYTHING onto the pavement in your designated parking place then promptly have you move your cars to make space for the next chorus line. Then, you shuttle your belonging to the outrageous elevator line while trying to avoid the dancing SUV's and 18 year old girls that are following their dads trucks so closely that you think they are being towed. It was all really very exciting. Move in day at our new house was also very interesting. We had 8 movers and 2 trucks. It took 6 hours to get our belongings inside the walls of the house. The movers were a very friendly bunch, Dana and I decided that one mover looked remarkably like Snoop Dog. After spending 6 hours with the movers you tend to learn their personalities. Mr. OCD was fascinating to watch, he would come back inside and rearrange the location of all the lamps. He claimed that he couldn't stand the chaos. I think that he has chose the wrong profession because what is moving if not organized chaos. Then we had Sir Bitch-a-lot, he seemed to always pick the items that required him to go upstairs. The majority of items going upstairs were mine and were clearly marked with a bright blue label so I do not feel guilty. I feel like he should have picked up a box without a blue label if he hated stairs so much. And finally, I would like to thank the movers, because without them the move into the new house would never have taken place.

Enjoy!

Details, and photos of the new house will be coming soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Snoop Dog AND Sir Bitch-A-Lot? You know what that makes me think of? "I like big butts and I cannot lie" which in turn makes me think of those gold lamee pants and then THE story, and then I'mm all happy inside.

    Glad August was such a success. Even though I didn't make it for our birthday.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger TransplantedOkie said…

    So now I need to know THE story.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    THE story is funny, just not appropriate for blog posting. It's not about either of us. It's about Lindsay McKie. Its really not as funny unless she is telling it. She might have turned weird, but she was one funny kid.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Dad on the East Coast said…

    I can identify with Mr. OCD. Ask Erin or Ann, they will tell you. It is one of the reasons I hate moving. Besides, there is little time to sit down and enjoy chocolatey goodness, if you know what I mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home