HOWDY!

Howdy Everyone! This blog is going to be a forum for my favorites. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Is it bad luck to kill a pigeon?

I know that it is bad luck to kill a mockingbird, and I even think that Native American's consider it bad luck to kill a crow. But is it bad luck to kill a pigeon?

Let me start out by saying that I was not aiming my SUV at the pigeon. The pigeon hit me during my morning commute on I-40. The pigeon was flying about 4 feet high and looked like he was banking a curve for a landing when he hit the bottom corner of my windshield with a loud "thump". It really all happened in slow motion. My Dad decided that the pigeon's name was probably Ralph, and he had a New York accent. Erin decided that I was doing Mother Nature a favor by weeding out the 'retarded genes' in the pigeon gene pool.

I'm really in shock about the whole thing.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    My condolences to you both for your loss.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    I just feel like pigeons flying at 4 feet trying to land on I-40 SHOULD be weeded out of the gene pool. Its not like pigeons are that smart in the first place...but then throw that in the mix...

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dad on the East Coast said…

    Go buy a box of hoho's and watch reruns of Project Runway. You'll be fine tomorrow.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Did you wash Miss America yet? Because you know she is PISSY.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    I am washing her today. It was all really tramatic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home