HOWDY!

Howdy Everyone! This blog is going to be a forum for my favorites. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Book Review

I believe this is my first book review on my ‘favorite’s blog’ and I also believe that this is long overdue. So let’s begin, I have just finished Excavation by James Rollins. The book opens in the 1500’s with a friar running for his life though the Andes Mountains. As expected the friar dies in a dramatic way leaving a cryptic message for the present day. Naturally, we teleport to the present where an archeological dig on ancient Inca ruins reveals the mummy of the friar, a mysterious cavernous temple, and a very random cast of characters all quite literally running for their lives. The book was exciting, and suspenseful in a science fiction meets Clive Cussler sort of way. I thoroughly enjoyed living out my secret dream of being an archaeologist minus the dirt, tents and tomb raiders through this story. I will say that this puzzle of a story was tied up nicely with a bow in the very last line of the book. I was happy to have closure as I do not like unanswered questions. I’ve just started on book number 2 from this author and I will report back with my findings. Something I noticed early in the second book is that this author has serious hang-ups regarding room service delivery time. I challenge you to figure out what I’m talking about.

Because of the nice little bow on the last page this book gets 4 out of 5 stars.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger TransplantedOkie said…

    THanks you ! I am looking for something new and this seems like it will fill the bill nicely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home