HOWDY!

Howdy Everyone! This blog is going to be a forum for my favorites. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy One Year Anniversary to Me

I have been working at AC for one year. Tradition says that this is the paper/clock anniversary. I'm going to consider the paper copy of my paycheck as my present. In this first year I have learned many things regarding the real world. For instance, I have learned that just because their drivers license says they are adults does not mean that they act like adults. I have learned that is it too much to ask for people to simply shut up and quietly do what you originally asked. I have learned that anytime a term of affection is used to brace yourself for the news that is about to follow. "Dear, that cargo was stolen by guerilla fighters." I have learned that you have to accept the fact that lunch hours vary by country and culture. For example, I usually take a 30 minute lunch whereas my coworkers in more southern regions typically take 2 hours. I have learned that you really do miss the 5% that comes out of your paycheck and into your retirement fund. I have learned that the company grapevine is far more important, not to mention more accurate, than the company newsletter. And finally, I have learned that I have a lot more to learn about cotton, cultures, patience, and life.

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Damn guerilla fighters.

    Well done. Buy a watch.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Or buy a purse/shoes in your case. Congratulations we are very proud of you!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger TransplantedOkie said…

    Buy a really super fantastic watch with a fabulous 'gator band that goes with the new shoes and bag!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    I am surrounded by sheer genius. Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will take them into consideration.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger TransplantedOkie said…

    When it somes to shopping and rewarding ourselves, we all do seem to be a force to be reckoned with. Go us!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    We looked at stationary for like an hour today.

    Paper. Eh? Eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home