HOWDY!

Howdy Everyone! This blog is going to be a forum for my favorites. Enjoy!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Fon-tastic Weekend!

So I spent this past weekend having my soul scrubbed in Norman with my best friend and my newest favorite friends. I’m going to be honest here. It was a fun filled weekend; full of laughter, chatter, chocolate, and liquor. On Friday night we had a ‘Weekly Wednesday’ where the new favorites gathered at Erin’s apartment to enjoy a tasty chicken salad followed by decadent chocolate fondue. Picture it – 5 women sitting around a pot of warm chocolate, laughing hysterically, holding our favorite mixed drinks. Soul scrubbing I tell you. Wouldn’t it be perfect if women lactated chocolate? According to Oprah if you write down a list of the things you want in a mate they will be magically conjured up at your doorstep - top of Erin’s list was ass-less chaps. Oh, the howling that followed. Saturday we got to a slow start. The Food Network just hooks you in that way. We finally got ready and my OCD was showing so Erin and I had to drive my truck through a carwash then we stopped by Erin’s office to use the printer and drop off her new plant. I brought her a shamrock for her office. Sidebar: You can’t really kill these things. I’ve had the same plant on my desk for over 2 years. Okay, so we picked up Elisa to go to Pita Pit. I love Pita Pit – fantastic wraps. I really wish we had one in Memphis. After lunch we drive around Norman where I’m in complete and total shock over how much this town has changed since I was here in September. Seriously people, this town is like a jungle. Stay with me through the leap – the town is constantly changing and growing up around itself. Nothing ever stays the same. Back on track now, we drove around Norman looking at potential home investments for Erin. A few were promising, a few were frightening, and a few were obviously meth labs. After a couple of hours driving, laughing, and considering we headed back to Elisa’s house. More chatting on her very comfortable sofa, then we left Elisa for Barnes and Noble. Erin and I walk around BN for over an hour comparing books we’ve read recently and authors we enjoyed. One really pushy salesperson later we’ve got our books heading back to Erin’s apartment. We pickup a movie from McDonalds, Erin will have to walk you through that, and we pick up Hideaway pizza. Yum-o. Elisa came over and the three of us watched Eastern Promises. It was a really stressful movie, but good in a compromising public bath scene kind of way. After pizza we busted out the fondue again, let me tell you that fondue is a trend that I firmly feel should really last this time. Seriously, it is definitely a fon-do! Strawberries, bananas, and ruffles make excellent dipping partners. Trust me. After Eastern Promises we decided to try to break Elisa, so we watched The Best Little Whore House in Texas. She had never had the pleasure of watching a musical about a whore house in Texas before. Erin and I happen to love this movie, we are singing and quoting and I think Elisa may be dyeing a little inside. However, because she has far better manners than either Erin or I she told us that she enjoyed it. We chat a little more then all part ways for the evening. Sunday morning we watch The Goonies while Erin peels about 1500 green apples. She really needs this counter-top apple peeler thing. Then we load up the cars, Erin to OKC and I to Marion. The weekend was exactly what I had needed, it was relaxing, a lot of fun and estrogen, full of old memories, and I made a lot of new ones. So thank you to my old friend and my new favorite friends for a FON-TASTIC weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    I liked the stream of consciousness thing...very Faulkner...

    I won't tell. :)

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger TransplantedOkie said…

    I am looking forward to having my soul scrubbed over Mother's Day Week-end!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home